A satisfying stew FILLED with meat! The BBQ sauce gives it a slight sweetness and combined with the other savory flavors it is truly delicious. The recipe calls for three specific meats but you can use whatever leftover meats you have. I list beef stew meat but if you had pork stew meat that would be fine. No chicken thighs but you have a rotisserie chicken? That works! Are you a hunter with game meat? That works! It is truly a versatile dish and great if you have barbequed a few nights in a row and you have meat leftovers. Packed with protein and great flavor.
- 1 lb Beef Stew Meat
- 1 lb Pulled Pork
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs
- 2 Large Celery Root (1″ cubes)(1 lb radish halved can be substituted)
- 3 C Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Salt (may need more*)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (may need more*)
- 1 C Sugar Free BBQ Sauce (I use G Hughes)
- 1/4 C Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1 Heaping tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbl Brown Sweetener (I use Swerve Brown)
- 2 C Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 14 oz Can Black Soy Beans
- 1 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
- A Few Dashes Hot Sauce (optional)
the how to
- Instant Pot Instructions – Add all the ingredients and set the instant pot to high heat. You SHOULD be able to fit everything in the pot before hitting the MAX level. Cook for 45 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Slow Cooker Instructions – Add all the ingredients to a 6 qt slow cooker, cover and set on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender or high for 4 hours.
- If all of your meats have already been cooked, your cooking time will be about half the time.
- * If none of your meats were already cooked & seasoned (think pulled pork rub or brisket rubbed) you might need some extra salt. Taste and season accordingly.